Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pages of Life in General

This is a page I did for the store I worked at for one of their crops. My two girls became good friends once they grew up and I wanted to record that special bond they have in my books so that they can look back and remember. They are both hams for the camera and I have a lot of pictures of them that they've taken themselves holding the camera at arms length. They like to try different faces and just have fun playing with the camera which makes me happy because it gives me plenty of scrapable pictures. This page uses a combination of stamping and quickutz. The stamps used in the journaling strips is by Penny Black and one of my tried and true faves. The stamps on the bottom and in the title circle are Rhonna Farrer stamps by Autumn Leaves. The quickutz fonts are metro mini and Abigail ( I think). Flowers are made with a punch and then strips of paper for stems and strips tied in knots for the leaves. Stamps for the names/year are Image Tree lower case and numbers. (another well loved set of stamps).
This is another page done for the store for a crop. These are done to give the customers ideas and to show them how to use tools and items in the store. I used letter stickers to make a mask and inked around them and then pulled them off for the title. I used a distressing blade to rough up the edges around the title. I put a pocket behind the middle picture on the bottom for journaling and showed my son's sunburned face after the day of hiking with no sunscreen. I sewed on the journaling strips with general information about the climb and how long it took. As you've seen in so many of my pages, I love to stamp with my alphabet stamps. I used the Image Tree set again for the blocks and a set. I can't remember who makes the round set. I'm thinking it was a hobby lobby brand (maybe paperarts). I CM curvy cutter was used for the top of the lower pictures to similate mountain peaks and valleys.
This is one of the first layouts I did for the store for a military class I was teaching. It showcases all the homes we've lived in around the world with all our moves. Across the top I printed long strips with how many cities, countries, and houses I've lived in. Underneath each picture shows the location of each home. The title block uses foam stamps for the bigger words "Home Is" and then I used my image tree stamps to stamp "where the military sends me". The houses on the sides are a quickutz die. I put brads between each bullet point on the top and bottom strips and then brads on the corners of the title block. This was a popular page in the store for quite awhile.
This was a page created for some of my home scrapbook classes. They wanted to do summer pages so this is what I came up with. The title is quickutz Katie font. The first letter of each word was highlighted with a rectangle with the sides cut in. The sun is done with a circle punch and triangle eyelets around the edges with a round paper clip in the center. The journaling across the bottom is using my Image Tree stamps again with yellow eyelets in between each topic. I wanted to show them how to do a slanted layout.
They were funny when I was trying to teach them how it's done. As soon as they "got it", you'd hear a big OHHHHH! that wasn't so hard.
The pictures are of my husband and I on our trip to take our daughter to college in Fla.
This is another page done for my home scrapbook classes. I have a group of ladies who call me seasonally to do a class. This was our summer class where they did four layouts with summer themes. In this one I taught them to do a circle layout. I think I could do a commercial for the Image Tree stamps because I use them all the time. We stamped the journaling around the circle. The title stamps are from Autumn Leaves. Stamped on coordinating papers and cut out. I used the Curvy Cutter from EK Success for the circle. The challenge is finding the right photos with a lot of sky area that can be curved in for the circle without cutting off heads. These are pictures of my three kids and my son's ex-girlfriend from several years ago.
This is another page from the summer class I taught from my home. These are pictures of my first great nephew, Karson. It's purpose was to show them how to use several different patterned papers on their pages. I used the Heidi Swapp chipboard letters for the title with a series of three brads at the top of the strip. His name was added using the file tab punch from McGill. The corners were rounded on the papers since there was a circular feel going on in the pictures. Since the ladies are making four layouts in a night they have to be fairly simple to put together but I always try to get them to try something new that they might not try on their own.

No comments: