Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Heritage Layouts

This is the cover page of my book. I printed the pictures on gray bazzill cardstock and then sanded them and inked them with distress inks to age them. The quote is a sticker. Inside each of the flowers I printed the two surnames of my parents and then put a key ring around them and filled them with diamond glaze. The quote reads " I have looked at photographs that show you as a CHILD --when you were MARRIED--as a parent. Such brief and limited STORY they tell. I wish I could ask how you weathered disappointments, what were your greatest JOYS, and what you felt to be TRUE. What I know is you are a part of me, and I find PEACE knowing you've gone BEFORE me. " I thought that was perfect for the start of my book.

These are pages of my Great Grandparents on my mother's side. These were photos that I borrowed from my mom and scanned. Once I printed them, they needed to be aged again so they would look older. I cleaned up the scratches on the photos before I printed them and then used Tim Holtz Distressing inks to distress them. I tore out a section of the first page and put the journaling inside the hole. This gave the look of torn wallpaper. The title font is quickutz Eliza.




This is a layout about my grandfather. The photo is done with photo transfer using clear contact paper. The picture in the top corner is my sister and I with one of his watermelons. One of my favorite memories of visiting my grandpa was to hunt for where he had the watermelon hidden in the house. He always had one there and it was usually hiding under his bed but we always searched the house before finding it. In the bottom corner is part of the words to a song that he sang to us every time we visited as we were preparing to leave. "God be with you til we meet again." I can't ever sing that song without thinking of my grandfather.
Next is a page I did about my parents. The title on the left side reads "meet my parents". The center journaling on that page tells their names and birth/marriage dates and the death date of my dad. On each side of the flower are journaling strips with words that tell a little about what they like to do. On the other side is their love story and in the envelope I typed out the story of how they met, fell in love and how my dad proposed and then their wedding. The strips summarize where and when they met, their wedding date and how long they were married before my Dad's death. The photos are of them shortly after they married and at the bottom is one of the last photos I have of them together at my brother's wedding about seven months before he died.



















This is a five generations picture of myself, my mom, grandmother, great grandmother and two great-great grandmothers. I love the look of that last photo on the right. She looks like a woman you wouldn't want to mess with. The tags tell a little about each of them and what I know about them from my mom's stories. That's all for today. Tomorrow I will share a few of my regular layouts of my kids.

No comments: