Friday, November 02, 2007

Heritage Scrapping

I thought I'd add a few more of my scrapbooking projects to my blog so some of my out of town scrapping friends can see some of my work. I will start with some of the pages from my heritage album. I haven't worked on this in awhile but back last winter/spring I got quite a bit done on it so I could use them for class samples. This is my family tree with pictures. I used DCWV Old World paper pack throughout the entire album. The stamps are by Little Davis, I think. The quote reads "Family Faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, the present and the future. " The title is quickutz Eliza font.


This is Russ's family tree. It shows how to do a family tree without pictures. I don't have any pictures of Russ's family other than his parents so I thought that this would be give me a different perspective on the family tree. The font is Cricut George font.
Next is a page about a church that has some family ties to it. My Great Great Grandfather donated the land for this church to be built. The original one burned down in the early 1900's and my grandfather was among the men that helped to rebuild the church that is seen in this picture. It is no longer standing today but several of my relatives are buried in the cemetery on the lot. The place where the church used to stand is now a little lake. This page was done using the Heidi Swap masks.
I printed the photo on Bazzill paper and sanded the edges to give it the aged look. The photo mat was crumpled inked and ironed.
Under the title is a image transfer using packing tape of my Great Great Grandfather's tombstone.






This is a page about my grandmother. The text was written by my cousin Patricia. My grandmother had alzheimers for most of my life so my memories are of her being in a different world. My cousin, however, got to know her before all of this hit and had memories of baking with her and talking to her. I wanted to include her account so I would have some picture of my grandmother. The image transfer was done using clear contact paper.


This is a page about my dad. I did this one as a timeline to show bullet highlights of his life. I have to thank my Mom for providing me all the information for this page and helping me get the chronology correct. In the pocket behind the tall photo on the first page I put more information in paragraph form of my father. I tried to pick pictures that represented different stages of his life. My Dad died in December of 1986. I truly miss him. He was quite an inspiration to me in many ways. It's late and I need to sleep so I will upload more pages tomorrow.

No comments: