Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More Pages to Share

This is a page from my "Book of Me". I wanted to use my flexible ruler and try out some waves. The journaling was all done on computer so the page went together fairly quickly. Was a little tricky getting the curves the way I wanted them. The title is done with "thickers" letter stickers. Was fun to do a simpler page for once. Helped me get out of a scrapper's block phase. The journaling lists some of the things I've learned in my life so far. Oprah always asks guests on her show. "what do you know for sure" so I wanted to use that theme for this page. It took me several days of thinking to come up with my list of points for the page but I'm happy with the results.
This is another page that was done for the store. We had just gotten in the mica glitters and they wanted me to do something with them. I cut letters out of the double sided sticker paper with my big shot and peeled off the top. Then I rubbed the glitter on the letters. I used my CM curvy cutter to cut out the picture tops so that they flowed across the page. For the flower centers I put a dot of diamond glaze and then sprinkled glitter on it and let it dry. My kids and their friends love playing with their cameras and I've gotten some of the best "funny face" shots of each of them. They make me smile to see them having fun.















These are two of the fall pages I did for a class in my home. They completed four fall pages in the evening. I'm trying to get them comfortable with stamping. They always complain when they are doing the pages but then love the results at the end.
The same group of ladies also requested a winter/holiday class so this is one of the pages I created for this class. I used the Heidi Swap masks to do the title. I made them do a little sewing on this one. We also used my label maker and fed strips of vellum through it to do the journaling strips. It gave it a softer snowy kind of look. The paper is Basic Grey. The lower photo is mounted on a file folder mat that was cut from the coluzzle template. I used the Heidi Swap date stamp to stamp the date on the tab. The pictures are from our Christmas trip to Scotland in 2003. The kids and Russ all got into a snowball fight.

Another page from the winter class. They wanted to use some of their Christmas prints on a page so I tried to use several different patterned papers to help them learn to use patterned papers. On the background cardstock I had them us a background crackle stamp to give it a little design to. The Holiday part of the title is stamped with my Penny Black stamps. The rest of the title was cut from sizzix dies. The file folder at the bottom contains some of our favorite holiday recipes with a stamp on each recipe card. I wanted to show them how to preserve some of their favorite recipes right on their pages for future generations. I used the notch punch from Basic Grey to make a notch to hold the file folder closed so the recipes didn't fall out.
This is the third page from the holiday class. They had been asking for pages where they could fit more photos on the page. I resized a bunch of our holiday photos into 2 x 2 size and circled them around the page. I printed the title strips on the computer for each of the students and then gave them chipboard letters to trace for the word "home". There are brads in the corners of the title. On the second page, I made the larger photo mat hinged so that I could type journaling behind the picture. I wanted to show them how to still fit journaling on a page that has a lot of pictures on it. I fit 21 pictures on the page total. They were thrilled to have a page that they could use a larger chunk of their holiday photos on and summarize the year's festivities.

No comments: