Wednesday, June 08, 2011

It's official.....I'm a Nana

Meet the new little man of my life.  I think I fell in love at first sight.  Mr. Liam Wellington Barnhart made his appearance in this world on May 22 weighing in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.  Thankfully, Russ and I were able to be in town for the festivities of his first few weeks of life.  We arrived in Colorado on the 19th, attended Cory's graduation on the 20th and spent the 21st at the hospital with them for 22 hours of labor.  I certainly don't feel old enough to be a Nana but I guess those years kind of snuck up on me.  He is a handsome little one and I can't help but look at him and see his Daddy.  They really do look a lot alike.  I did a few comparison photos of the two of them and posted them on facebook. I especially like this yawn comparison because it was cute how both were posed at the same angle.  It was like deja vu watching all of Liam's facial expressions as he slept.  I think I took about 1000 pictures on our trip and probably 900 of them were of Liam.  I'm sure I'll find many uses for them within my scrapbooks.  It was VERY hard leaving him when it was time to come home.  I don't think we'll get to see him again for several months so he will have grown a lot by then.  I hope to at least make quarterly trips for the first year so I can see him growing.  His other grandma is living down the street from them this year so she will get to enjoy his first year up close.  I'm hoping I will get to watch him grow via skype and weekly pictures of him from Stephanie.  It's going to be rough being a long distance Nana.  Cory is already showing signs of being an excellent Dad.  He is mesmerized by his little man and I was so thankful I got to watch his face as he saw his son for the first time.  It was a treasured moment for sure.  This Nana has had a beaming smile since I got to meet Liam.  I'm counting the days until I can hold him in my arms again. 

No comments: