Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Type + Writer Class Pages

Last month I took the Type + Writer class at www.JessicaSprague.com . It's a class that I had been looking forward to for quite a while. I'd registered for it last November so it seemed like it took a long time to get here. I loved the class and I still have a few more layouts to finish to have completed it all but as always, I've learned a lot from the class.
Each of the layouts are done with templates so we can concentrate more on the journaling and typesetting of the elements on the pages. The first layout we learned how to apply journaling to little journal tabs and then tilt it. We also had to place all the numbers within the circles and resize them. The journaling part of the first lesson was to concentrate on "list journaling". We were to make a list or something we considered an "adventure" and then assign numbers to the list. On the title we learned how to distress it as well as some of the numbers to make them blend more.

I think this one is my favorite of the layouts. We learned to to journaling around a shape. This one was frustrating though because I had it almost totally done and I clicked on something that lost the entire layout for me and I had to start from scratch again. The second part of the lesson was learning how to set up the quote and then making a brush out of the quote that we set up so that we can use it over and over again. I'm finding that I really need to practise these techniques over and over so that I can remember how I did them. I need to go back now and make notes in my notebook on how to do each element. I think once I use it over and over again that I will get it embedded in my mind a little more.



The third layout we learned how to create the patterned paper at the bottom using words from our journaling or blog entries. That was kind of fun. We used a website called "wordle". The original layout was about a day in the life with her kids but I decided to try something different with mine. I will have to do the same with the other layouts as well since my kids are all grown and don't allow me to take pictures of them as often as I'd like. I think I have two or three more layouts to do in the class which will have to wait until I make it through the wedding, graduation and move this month. I will post those layouts as soon as I get them completed.

No comments: