Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

It seems only fitting to start out the new year with the usual resolutions for the coming year. I've never been one to commit to resolutions but I always try to find a few goals to work towards to keep me motivated to always grow in some way. For this year my goal is communication. I want to be better at letter writing, emailing, journaling and card sending. I always plan to get a card off to someone who needs encouragement but I always tend to put it on the back burner and it never gets done. I really miss the old art of letter writing. We need to do it more. So much gets lost in the email thing and I miss going to the mailbox and finding something other than bills to greet me. I've decided to make it a goal to get a few others inspired to start corresponding via letter writing again and see what happens. Russ and I celebrated our 24th anniversary last month and I decided to write him 24 letters during the 24 days of December with each letter representing a year in our marriage. That was a huge project and I came close to giving up on the idea several times. I completed it though and he is now reading a letter or two each day to get through them. He seemed to be happy with the gift. (I worried that he would laugh about it and think it was silly but he was kind.) As I was writing them though I realized how long it had been since I'd written a letter of any kind. All of that spurred on this idea that I need to be better about keeping in touch with my friends and family. We'll see how it goes. Hope all of you who read my blog will commit to doing the same thing. Let's bring letter writing and card sending back. Welcome 2008!

1 comment:

senovia said...

Happy New Year, Donna! I decided you don't post often enough, so I am tagging you! The rules are on my blog: http://senovia1.blogspot.com/

Love ya!!