Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In the Kitchen

Today was installation day for my new countertops. We sold our van last month and Russ gave me the money to do our kitchen remodel with. It was to cover the cost of countertops and a new refrigerator. I bought the refrigerator that first week and I really love that. The countertops were ordered about two weeks ago. They came last week to template the counters and then today was install day. Russ came home early from work so he could get all the plumbing done after they left. I picked navy blue hi-max countertops with an integrated white sink. Love it! It really jazzes up the look of my kitchen. I spend a great deal of my time in the kitchen and now I can feel like a high class chef with all new appliances and a gorgeous countertop. The next step is to put new doors on the cabinets to perk them up. Russ still needs to do my tiling for the backsplash and some tiling around the bar area. He totally impresses me with his handyman talents. We've been remodeling bathrooms and although he's never done plumbing or tiling or framing, he's tackled it all and does it quite well. With each new project he's learned something new. He is such a hard worker. Loves to have new projects to work on after his workday since he sits at a desk all day. Have I mentioned how much I love my husband. I have been blessed indeed. Here's a pic of the new countertops. Aren't they beautiful. It's like a whole new room.

No comments: