Friday, October 24, 2014

Welcome Baby Kinley

Today we welcomed our first granddaughter into the world. Kinley Lynne Barnhart was born at 11:46 this morning (mountain time) and weighed in at 6 lbs. 9 oz. and is 19.5 inches long. They had texted that they were going to the hospital because Stephanie was in labor and I was waiting to hear word of her birth. I went to lunch with Russ this morning and I stopped at Kirklands afterwards. Cory sent me a text and said to pray for Steph because they were taking her in for an emergency C-section. I won't lie, it scared me quite a bit because I'm still haunted from memories of losing my youngest son and I definitely didn't want them to ever experience that. I left there and went for gas praying the whole time. I was starting to get a little nervous because it was taking so long. I guess I didn't realize how worked up I was getting. I was pleading with God to let Stephanie have her little girl and not to scare Aimee when she was due shortly after. Aimee is a friend of Cory and Stephanies (and mine) who had a miscarriage at about two weeks from term. She had finally gotten over her fears from that and was pregnant with #2 and I didn't want something to scare her so close to term. I guess I was just a little over the top in the worry category that day but I tried to turn it over to God to handle it. As I got to the light at Old Norton which leads to my neighborhood I finally get a text from Shelle (Stephanie's Mom with a picture of Kinley. I had to pull into the church parking lot on the corner because I started crying and thanking God for answered prayers. She was beautiful like I knew she would be. I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks when I go for second shift after her Mom leaves CO. One of these days I'll master the "not worrying" thing. I try very hard to leave things with God and let HIM handle things instead of my worrying about it. but I guess the memories of losing a baby will always be with me. It's something I hope no one else will ever have to go through. I'm thankful that God has blessed Cory and Stephanie with three beautiful children. I know that little Miss Kinley will have her Daddy's heart from the start. Welcome to the world baby Kinley. Nana is sooo in love already.

No comments: