Thursday, July 24, 2014

Update on Life Since my Last Post

As you can see it's been quite awhile since I've written on here. I always have good intentions to keep up with this and then life gets in the way. So much has happened since 2012 Christmas so I thought it was about time I updated my blog with some of the highlights and pictures.

First, the blog definitely needs some updated pictures of my grandkids. Liam is now three and Ryan is almost 2. They are both talking up a storm and cute as can be. Their favorite thing right now is Disney's "Cars" movie and especially Lightning McQueen. They own just about ever car from that movie and carry them with them everywhere. They even sleep with them sometimes. Cory and family moved to a house owned by Stephanie's Dad this summer and the boys now have more room to run and play. They love to be read to and Nana and Papa try to keep them stocked with books to read whenever we visit. Love these boys and wish they lived closer. In October they hope to welcome their new baby sister, Kinley Lynn to the family. I think it would be nice if she were born on my birthday but we'll see if that happens or not. Kinley is a name that they've had picked out for years and Lynn is Stephanie's middle name. I'm sure she will be the cutest baby girl we've ever seen. (just a little biased when it comes to grandkids)
 While we were in Colorado in May, we had a gender reveal party with them after they'd gone for a reveal ultrasound. Stephanie bought a cake with a pink icing center and let Russ and I cut into it for the reveal to us. I started crying, of course, because I'm a sap at heart. I know Stephanie has wanted a girl from the beginning and I was happy she gets to experience raising a girl and I cried because I was happy to  have my first granddaughter. I haven't been able to shop in the pink aisles for years so that's pretty exciting for me too. I can't wait to meet her in October. Steph has been having fun decorating in pink and buying new outfits when she sees them on sale. I'll end this post with a few of my favorite pictures of my Barnhart boys.







No comments: