Monday, April 26, 2010

A Few More Digital Pages from Classes


I've got quite a few of my Jessica Sprague classes that I still need to finish up and I've been trying to make that a project this spring...to complete class projects. When I get a few minutes I try to work through another lesson. I'm currently taking her "This Old Photo" class and hope to learn a little bit about fixing some of my old photos. It should be another great Jessica class. She hasn't disappointed me yet. I haven't put any of my layouts on here in awhile so I thought I was due for adding some new projects on here. This "Beautiful" Layout was from the Now We're Rocking Class, I think. It was a template for a quickpage. I took the picture with my new camera while playing with some settings from taking the "Get out of Auto Mode" class at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It's one of my favorite pictures from my Hannah photo shoot. The next two are from the Pen Tablet Class which I loved. I bought my pen tablet in 2008 and had not used it much until this class. Now I find that I love using it for all my digital scrapping classes.
It took me forever to get the writing around the pictures the way I wanted it. I was looking at my "Scrapbookers Handwriting Workshop" book to learn a new font for the journaling so I was trying to master that as well as the pen tablet pen. I liked the way the page came out. We made the leaf pattern paper, the bird sticker and learned to merge the title onto a white shadow background. Very fun. Will have to do it a few times before I totally remember how to do it on my own. She also taught us how to whiten teeth and soften skin in photos which I thought was "way cool". I certainly had fun with that new bit of knowledge. The Cory page was one of my favorites. I liked the way we brushed a photo into the background paper on this layout. Somehow during this part of the class I did something to my settings to where everything came out with a low opacity even though my opacity levels were set to 100%. I played and played and couldn't figure out what I'd done to change the settings. A friend finally told me how to reset the tools so I did that and it fixed everything. I should go back and fix all the opaque things on this one now that I've got them reset. The stitching around the layout is supposed to be way darker and the writing under the title as well. I loved the page though and learned a lot with each one we did in that class. She packed a lot of new techniques on each page.
It's always a challenge to change out the themes on the pages since hers are usually geared towards her younger kids and mine are geared towards my older ones. The Russ page was from the Now We're Rockin' Class and it's the same layout I'd done previously on the Cliff Dwellings in Colorado. I started back at the beginning of the classes and tried to redo all of them so that I could add onto my knowledge as I went. It was fun making the same layouts with different pictures this time. I've got one more new layout to do in the NWR class and then will move onto my Digi In Deep class which I've done none of the layouts in. I then will go onto the Type+Writer 2 class which I also have not done any layouts in yet. I probably have a few to finish in Type + Writer 1 too. It's nice because it gives me something to do when I travel with Russ for his job. I sometimes sit in the hotel rooms for days while he works and we go out at nighttime. As long as the hotel has internet, I'm good to go for hours working on my undone classes. The next layout is also from the NWR class with Amber as the subject of the layout. I just finished this one while in Jekyll Island for vacation. The weather was too nice for me to spend too much time on the computer so I only got one page done that week. Again, Jessica's layout was of her son playing with cars and she focused on his hands so I needed to come up with a theme that would allow me to focus on her hands. She's my baker girl and likes to make pies when she comes home which we, of course, love. When I searched back through I found other pie baking pictures where I could focus on her hands so I was pleased with the way this came out as well. When she was little I used to call her "Tweeters". I think it started when I compared her to Tweety Bird with one of her expressions. I then started calling her my "Sweet Tweet". She's still a sweet one who is always doing Sweet things for random people. One more layout to go in the NWR class and I will have completed another one. (I did the first two lessons twice). The Fall page is from NWR and is the same layout done previously of Amber holding a yellow balloon at the Pigley Wigley. This is take two of the week one layout. In this lesson we learned to turn the photo to black and white and bring the color back on something in the photo. In this case it was the pumpkins. We also learned to do the column journaling and how to grunge out the page. The last page I'll share for today is the week two layout from NWR class. I love the way this one came out as well. Jessica's layout was from a "Rock" Concert so I had to come up with another theme that would work with the circle of pictures. I hadn't done any layouts on Cory's wedding yet so that worked out good. The pictures were taken by a friend, Molly Taylor and she took them all in black and white which I loved. I changed the paper colors too since Jessica used reds and blacks to highlight the rock band. I chose the light blue because it seemed more "wedding friendly". I added in a few other elements that I had like the "today and always" stamp. Hers had journaling strips where that is and I thought the stamp fit there better. Loved typing the journaling around the pictures too. That was fun. That's all the sharing for today. I will try to post some of my other "non-digital layouts" in the near future. I think I'm in the mood to scrapbook tonight now.

No comments: